Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer. If you agree to using cookies this helps us to measure your access to the site, how you use the site, and to enhance some of the functions of the site. This helps provide you with a better experience using our website and for us to help improve the website. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics.
However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. You can do this by disabling cookies in the privacy settings of your browser and adding our domain to the list of websites that you do not want to accept cookies from. Find out more in the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
By continuing to use our sites and by using video and social media functionality, you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device. More information about the cookies we use and why, is below:
Using Google Analytics cookies helps us to understand more about how you use our website. The statistics recorded through cookie use cannot be traced to an individual. You can stop Google Analytics from collecting this data on website by adding their Google Analytics opt out browser tool.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, audio, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
SWFTA as part of Plymouth City Council’s Museums Galleries Archives adheres to https://plymhearts.org/legal/privacy-policy/
What data does Plymouth Museums Galleries Archives collect?
You have the right to see, correct or request to delete the information we hold about you.
Please let us know if you would like to unsubscribe from all communications or from specific types or methods. If you no longer wish to receive communications please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Plymouth Museums Galleries Archives at:
Plymouth City Council (Arts and Heritage) Offices,
37 Tavistock Place
37 Tavistock Place
For more information about we look after your information or to find out more about your rights, go to https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/aboutcouncil/accessinformation or contact:
Data Protection Officer
Plymouth City Council
West Hoe Road
What personal data do we collect on this website?
Plymouth Museums Galleries Archives is committed to protecting your data that is gathered through using our website, in accordance with data protection legislation.
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the use of our website. By using the website you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions shown here.
- We make every effort to provide accurate information on our website. We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy of the information provided
- We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to the website
- We cannot accept liability for any damage or loss whatsoever as a result of using this website
- We adhere to the social media policy set out by Plymouth City Council and would encourage users who want to engage with us on social media to do so within these guidelines. We reserve the right to remove any contributions that break the rules or guidelines of a particular channel or the acceptable use policy outlined
- We will link to external sites but this does not usually include commercial websites. We are not responsible for the content and may not endorse the content that is available in an external website we link to. You may link to our site from a personal or organisational website and we would prefer you to do this rather than copy information which may later become out of date.
- Your details will not be passed on to a third party. Under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 we ensure strict procedures are followed when storing information you have given us.